So this project took some more time than usual as I made a lot of prototypes before settling on this final version. I also tried different methods of glueing the pieces together and I did a 3d-printed sanding jig that gives the combs similar shapes. The combs where designed in Fusion 360 so to make the jig I simply made a rectangular block a bit bigger than the comb and made a whole for the comb in the block in a slight angle. I could then insert the cnc cut comb into the sanding jig with a perfect fit. Another even better way to do this would be to make two sanding jigs, the second one would take into account what had already been sanded off so that I becomes next to perfectly sanded on both sides. I printed the jig with PLA and of course that does sand as well, but I could see when I were that close to the plastic as the wood sands quicker.
The final version was made with walnut and then I made three more pieces made from ash. And I will be giving away the three pieces made from ash to three winners of the giveaway. I want to give something back to all of you supporting me and this seemed like a good opportunity. Here are the combs I’ll be giving away.
To enter the giveaway:
- Make sure you are subscribed to the channel if you aren’t already
- Leave a comment in the comment section on the video.
- The winners will be selected on Thursday 24/9 2021 at 19.00 Local Swedish Time.
- The winners will be contacted through the comment field on Youtube.
- I will send the combs to the winners after contact is made.
See the Official rules here